Dear Parents and Families,
The end of the school year is typically filled with a mixture of excitement and sadness as we look forward to summer activities yet say good-bye to each other. Unfortunately, the current situation interrupted the process of transitioning from school to summer vacation. The opportunity to say farewell, best wishes, stay safe and see you in two months is important to have.
The Holy Family staff have come together to create a way to say goodbye to this school year and our students. We are host a HOLY FAMILY “DRIVE-BYE”.
On June 23 between 1:00pm and 2:30pm, Holy Family Staff are going to line Hunter St. and Grandview St. to wave good-bye and offer well wishes to students and families.
There are a few important safety measures and expectations that we need to share with you.
- Holy Family has contacted local authorities and the by-law enforcement department to ask permission for and has been granted approval to host this event, as long as we comply with the rules listed below.
- Police and other community agencies will be notified of our event to inform and respond to concerns that may come from the community on the day of the event.
- The teachers and staff will be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
It is important that we all follow these public health guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all and that we are in compliance with the agreement we have with the township.
- Participants need to remain in their vehicle during the entire event.
- Participation is for vehicle drive-by only , no pedestrian walk-by
- No interacting or gathering outside of the vehicles.
- Do not pass items to teachers/staff
- Teachers/staff will not distribute items to occupants of vehicles
- Teachers/staff must always remain on the sidewalk
- Follow the rules of the road.
- Vehicles must continually move along the roadway – no stopping
To help limit road congestion and be respectful of our neighbours we have developed the following schedule.
- Families with last names from A-M can drive by between 1:00pm and 1:45pm
- Families with last names from M-Z can drive by between 1:45pm and 2:30pm
Feel free to decorate your cars and make this a celebration of getting through this unprecedented school year.
All of us are so excited to see the students and say goodbye in the only way we can this year.
See you on June 23rd.
Staff of Holy Family