The staff are excited to share important information regarding The Holy Family Christmas Concert. The concert is scheduled for Wednesday Dec. 12. With the collaboration of the school staff and school council we have returned this event to being held after school. The staff and School Council appreciate the demands of family and work life and have come up with a solution to consider the needs of all. We need your support with the logistics of the night to ensure that parents have the opportunity to view their child(ren)’s performance and enjoy the night. We are a growing school and it is becoming more challenging to host events in our gym. We quickly approach the occupancy capacity making it difficult to provide clear aisles to move about and enter and exit the gym. To help accommodate these challenges, we have developed the following procedures for the night.
1) The night is separated into three performances. Families are asked to leave after each division performance to make room for the families of the following performance. Please only attend the division performance of your own child(ren).
Early Years (EY) concert begins at 4:30 p.m.
Primary division (Grades 1-3) at 5:15 p.m.
Junior division (Grades 3/4-6) at 6:00 p.m.
2) Students should be dropped off 15 minutes before their performance time. Please be prompt. Parents should then line up along the ramp by the main office entrance.
EY students can be dropped off at the EY entrance off Huron Street. Teachers will be at the doors to greet and lead students to their classrooms.
Primary & Junior students can enter through the main office entrance using the stairs.
3) Students will be supervised in classrooms before and after their performance, to be picked up by the parents when your child(ren)’s performances are finished for the evening.
4) We respectfully ask that only immediate family attend the concert.
5) There will be a small section in front of the stage designated for parents of the performing class to take pictures. Once a class’ performance has concluded, they will leave to allow the next group of parents to have the same opportunity.
6) In consideration for staff members and volunteers personal commitments, we kindly ask that once your child(ren)’s performance(s) are finished, you promptly come to pick your child up from their designated classroom.
7) It is imperative that you let your child’s classroom teacher know ASAP if your child is unable to attend the after school performance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PARENT VOLUNTEERS TO HELP SUPERVISE STUDENTS IN THE CLASSROOMS IF TEACHERS NEED TO LEAVE AND TO ENSURE SAFE DISMISSAL. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE SO ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.