Dear Parents and Families,
Holy Family Catholic School will be holding a Halloween Dance-A-Thon on Tuesday October 31, 2017 as its MAJOR FUNDRAISER to raise funds for things needed in the classrooms and in the school community.
We have set a goal of raising $10,000 through this fundraiser. If every student in the school was able to raise $40.00, we would exceed our goal!
There is a detailed outline of what will be expected of the students and all of the fun incentives and prizes they can be working towards attached to this letter.
This year, students will get ballots to put towards the prizes they choose. For every $10 they bring in, they will receive a ballot.
On the day of the Dance-A-Thon the schedule will be as follows:
9:10 – 10:10 – Grades 4 – 6
10:30 – 11:15 – Early Years
12:30 – 1:30– Grades 1-3 and 3/4
1:30 – 2:50 – Grades 7-8
- School Council will also be running a BAKE SALE on TUESDAY OCT 31st. We will be asking for baked good donations closer to that date.
- **RETURNING THIS YEAR** We will be holding a PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST on the same day as the Dance-A-Thon. Families are invited to bring in a carved pumpkin (along with a sign with the name of the pumpkin and the family name) to be showcased in the gym and judged throughout the day by our judges (MR. LONGO, MR. PICKETT and MRS. MAURER).
Thank you for your constant support of our Catholic School Community.
Heather Jarvis, Victor Longo and Holy Family Catholic School Council.
Holy Family School Presents:
Halloween Dance-A-Thon – October 31, 2017 – FORMS DUE NO LATER THAN OCT 28, 2017
- Students will be given a pledge sheet and an envelope to record the name, email address and amount donated.
- For record keeping and security reasons we strongly encouraged the use of online donations.
- For those who cannot access online, we will only be accepting CASH. We will NOT be responsible for lost money or discrepancies in accounting
- For anyone who donates $20.00 or more, they will receive a tax receipt via email.
- Our school goal is to raise $10,000! The money raised will be used towards:
- Classrooms (supplies, field trips etc.)
- Chrome Books
- School Murals
- Gardening for the front of the school
- Individual Prizes are as follows:
- Teachers will be creating or donating prizes. Parent council will also be donating prizes as they have in the past. These are outlined on a separate sheet closer to the actual dance date.
- For every $10 raised, students will get a ballot to put towards the prizes they choose.
- All students will get their tickets on the day of the Dance- A- Thon.
- School Prizes are as follows:
- Top Class – FREE BOWLING AFTERNOON
- Top Family – FAMILY PASS TO LANDMARK CINEMA
- Top Student – PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY and TAKE OUT LUNCH
- Pumpkin Carving Contest Prizes are as follows:
- Most Creative – $10.00 MCDONALD’S GIFT CARD
- Scariest – $10.00 MCDONALD’S GIFT CARD
- Best Painted – $10.00 TIM HORTON’S GIFT CARD
- Silliest – $10.00 TIM HORTONS’S GIFT CARD
- Best Overall – MYSTERY PRIZE
- The School will also be offering school wide incentives for students to meet small goals along the way to our large goal:
- $9000 – Extended Recess
- $9500 – Pizza for the whole school
- $10,000 – Mr Pickett and Mr Longo will do a PIE EATING CONTEST!!!!!!
* THIS SHOULD NOT BE A DOOR-TO-DOOR FUNDRAISER. STUDENTS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO FUNDRAISE FROM FRIENDS, FAMILY AND TRUSTED NEIGHBOURS!!!!!