WHAT IS KINDNESS ?
Kindness is a skill and takes practice! Kindness is:
- The quality of being friendly, generous and considerate
- The act of showing someone you care
- Demonstrating goodwill towards something or someone
- Performing acts of a good and caring nature
WHY DOES KINDNESS MATTER ? HOW DOES IT HELP U S ?
Doing good is not only beneficial for the person on the receiving end and those who witness the
kind action, but also for the givers of kindness. When we are kind and intentionally perform acts
of kindness we get a boost in our own wellbeing and happiness. It feels good to help others and
it helps us focus on the positive things in our lives. It’s win-win!
RESEARCH BASED OUTCOMES OF KINDNESS
- Kindness reduces our stress levels and makes us feel better about ourselves
- Kindness helps us think less negative thoughts and focus on the positives instead
- Kindness is contagious – one act of kindness can lead to many
- Being kind decreases the chance that we will bully others
- Regular kindness makes us more liked by our peers and more accepting of others
- Being kind boosts our happiness
- Being kind increases our number of friends