I would like to thank the staff, students and parents for a smooth start our first day of school. The students and staff have quickly settled into school life.
As we start the new school year I respectfully for your cooperation with keeping the school a safe place for all who come to Holy Family. The school, with direction from the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and the Safe Schools Act is required to implement practices and procedures to ensure the safe arrival and dismissal of student,well as the monitoring and secured entry into the building. This is one of, if not the most important duties of the Principal and staff. It is a responsibility that is ever present in our minds and one that is taken seriously. The potential consequence of a lapse in practice or a moment of uncertainty can be serious. In addition, there are several students who have privacy and access restrictions. Familiarity and transparent safe practices helps to provide for their assurance and peace of mind that school is a safe and protected environment. To help us maintain the safety and comfort of our students we ask that all of us follow the following Holy Family Safe School procedures. Following them will allow for consistent practices, effective supervision, monitoring/awareness of student location, clarity of expectations and enable staff to recognize potential concerns and respond accordingly. We ask that you comply with the following procedures and practices.
- All visitors must immediately report and sign into the office.
- Visitors are not permitted in the hallways or classrooms without permission from the office- if permitted a visitors badge must be displayed.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to drop off and pick up students at the sidewalk rather than school doors.
- If there is a change to your child’s dismissal routine or you are picking them up early, please notify the office as early as possible to make arrangements.
- It is preferred that the parent/guardian sign students in and out of school when arriving or leaving mid day.
The school office will also be closed during 12:05-12:25. We do not have the ability to provide staff supervision in the office during the hour long lunch period. For safety reasons students cannot open the school doors to allow entry into the school without an adult in immediate proximity. Student will be in the office to answer the phone, however they will not be able to open the door. Please schedule school business before or after this 20 minute period.
Vic Longo- Principal