Many of you have asked about retrieving student belongings. School have been given permission to allow access to our students to retrieve or return items. The process and information below is with the direction of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board and the Department of Health.
I am developing a schedule which will be shared with you through your child’s classroom teacher in the next day.
Please read over the information below to ensure the safety and health of all.
Retrieving student items/returning school items
We have developed a plan and protocols for families to retrieve student items and for you to return school resources. These protocols have been developed by the school board in consultation with the local Department of Health.
To comply with social distancing guidelines, we will schedule times for families to retrieve student items over three days; June 17, 18, 19.
Each individual classroom will be given an hour and a half time slot. There will be three time slots per day. 9:00- 10:30, 11:00- 12:30, 1:00- 2:30. This is to ensure we can maintain our distancing. You must only come during your time slot, all other classrooms will be locked and entry not permitted. Your classroom teacher will communicate the date and time that has been assigned to your child’s class.
School entry and exit points will be restricted to a few doors to limit movement throughout the building and allowing us to monitor the number of people in the building at any one time. Entry will be limited to two people per family; one child and one parent. Where possible we feel it is safest to have either just the parent or student enter the building.
Student belongings will be put into bags and place on top of the student desk for you to retrieve. Any school resources that are being returned should be placed on top of the student’s desk.
Important safety reminders
- keep a minimum of six feet distance between people
- You cannot pass personal items to staff
- Washrooms will not be accessible to parents or students.
- Parents must complete the self-assessment tool prior to arrival:
- ONE parent/guardian and their child(ren) can enter the school.
- There will be no outdoor supervision and the playground is closed.
- You may bring knapsacks to retrieve items.
- Any medication stored in the main office will also be available for pick-up at the same time in the main office.
- Parents will be reminded that this is not an interview, or a time for prolonged conversations, please pick-up your student’s belongings in a timely fashion.
- Unclaimed items will be donated to charity after the final pick-up day, other than in very unique circumstances.
- If there are parents/guardians whose health leaves them vulnerable to COVID-19, arrangements can be made to have a separate pick-up date. Please make arrangements directly with the Principal.
- If there are parents/guardians who are frontline workers and cannot make the pick-up date(s), please contact the Principal directly to make alternate arrangements.
Vic Longo – Principal